This current high demand and project growth means that more nurses will need to expand their knowledge and skills in infusion therapy. We have been offering online continuing education courses in this specialty for many years and plan to continue this program for many years to come.
We are currently in the process of making an in-depth assessment of our program and need to hear your thoughts. Currently we are working on updating the basic courses to incorporate the 2016 INS Standards of Practice. This includes Peripheral IV Therapy and Central Vascular Access Devices. We also offer 5 advanced courses but I am certain there are other topics that can and should be covered.
Additionally, more patient care, including infusion therapy, is being shifted from the hospital into alternative sites such as skilled nursing facilities and ambulatory clinics. Even if you don’t think of yourself as an infusion nurse, you still need the most recent information and highest level of skills if you are responsible for safe delivery of any type of infusion therapy.
Please help us meet your needs by emailing email@example.com or replying in the comment section with your thoughts and ideas
- What topics would you like to see online?
- What are your challenges with taking an online education course?
- What do you see as the benefits of online education courses?
- How can we improve our education courses?
- Would your employer being interested in a site license to provide access to our courses for a group of nurses?
- Are there other clinicians in your facility in need of infusion therapy education?