Central Vascular Access Devices
Central vascular access devices (CVAD) have become very common in all healthcare settings. The greatest emphasis has been on all aspects of insertion techniques, however this only applies to the first 30-60 minutes of the catheters life. How the catheter is used, and all components of nursing care have a greater influence on the outcome of the CVAD. This online course is designed to meet the learning needs of nurses caring for patients with a CVAD. The course reviews the details needed to make the most appropriate choice of a CVAD, all infection prevention techniques and technology, numerous policies and procedure examples, and the most common complications associated with CVADs. Whether you are new to nursing practice, what to establish a great foundation for a career in infusing nursing, or want to refine your current practices, this course for enable you to provide better patient care.
Lynn Hadaway, M.Ed., RN, BC, CRNI
After successful completion of this course you will receive 4.0 contact hours.
Assessing the patient with a CVAD
Planning infusion through a CVAD
Implement the Plan
Evaluating the Care
- Place your online education course order through PayPal.
- Orders are received in our office and processed between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday.
- Most orders are processed within 24 hours of purchase. If you have questions, contact us.
- After processing, you will receive an email inviting you to join our course. Once you accept the invitation you will be taken to a page to create a new user account. You will get an email to confirm your new account. Once clicking on the confirmation link you will have access to your Lynn Hadaway Associates, Inc. Course. NOTE: You MUST use the same email address when purchasing the course and when creating a user account for our system to recognize you.
- You will have access to your course for one year from the date of purchase
- Do need to get to your online course? http://hadawayassociates.mrooms3.net/
- You can work at your own pace, starting and stopping when it suits your schedule. NOTE: Our courses do not have sound except for courses that have video. You read the material at your own pace.
- After you have worked through all the course material, complete the evaluation and take the post-test. You will have 3 attempts to pass the test, however a passing score of 80% or better is required. Please make sure you have the required time to complete the post-test because you cannot start and stop this at will.
- Upon successful completion, you will be able to download your certificate of completion.
- Don't forget to access additional information in the Resource Section. These resources are linked within the course but you can have access to each resource without scrolling through the entire course.