Chest Radiograph Assessment & Central Vascular Access Devices
Nurses inserting and caring for patients with all types of central vascular access devices are now assessing chest x-rays for proper tip location, saving valuable time and resources along with expediting patient care. In addition to carefully chosen content, there is also a sample policy and competency assessment document. Learn how to improve patient care with this important skill.
NOTE: Our course development processes strives to locate all material that can be found on the Internet related to each online course. Frequently this produces a website that we can link to or other documents that we can obtain permission to use. In the case of published articles, we will provide a link to the article information on a large database (e.g. PubMed, Ingenta, etc.) The publisher decides if they are going to offer those article free of charge or set their fee for each article. Fees for each article can range from $10 to $50 each. Some articles will have a free abstract while others do not. This material is protected by copyright laws. We will provide the links to all resources so that you can locate the additional material if needed, however we must respect those copyright laws. These articles also may be available to you from other sources such as a local medical library or from the library at your place of employment.
After successful completion of this course you will receive 4.0 contact hours.
Inez Nichols, RN, MSN, CRNI, FNPc and Lynn Hadaway, M.Ed., RN, BC, CRNI wrote this course in collaboration with Tom Vesely, MD and Noel Clay Haskins, MD. These 4 authors represent a vast amount of experience in vascular access and interventional radiology.
- Place your online education course order through PayPal.
- Orders are received in our office and processed between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday.
- Most orders are processed within 24 hours of purchase. If you have questions, contact us.
- After processing, you will receive an email with directions to join our course including an enrollment key. Follow the link provided in the email. You will be taken to a page to create a new user account. You will get an email to confirm your new account. Once clicking on the confirmation link, you will have will be able to scroll through the courses listed and locate the course you purchased. Enter your enrollment key and you will have full access to your course.
- You will have access to your course for one year from the date of purchase
- Do need to get to your online course? http://hadawayassociates.mrooms3.net/
- You can work at your own pace, starting and stopping when it suits your schedule. NOTE: Our courses do not have sound except for courses that have video. You read the material at your own pace.
- After you have worked through all the course material, complete the evaluation and take the post-test. You will have 3 attempts to pass the test, however a passing score of 80% or better is required. Please make sure you have the required time to complete the post-test because you cannot start and stop this at will.
- Upon successful completion, you will be able to download your certificate of completion.
- Don't forget to access additional information in the Resource Section. These resources are linked within the course but you can have access to each resource without scrolling through the entire course.