Implantable Cardiac Devices and Central Vascular Access Devices
Use of pacemakers and implanted cardiac defibrillators are increasing, primarily due to the aging population. At the same time, multiple disease processes may indicate the need for a central vascular access device (CVAD). What are the risk of both devices in the thoracic veins and heart? What does this mean for those inserting a CVAD and for those caring for the patient with both devices? Although, there is very little published information, this online continuing education course provides evidence-based answers to these questions.
After successful completion of this course you will receive 1.0 contact hour
Lynn Hadaway M.Ed., RN-BC, CRNI
- Place your online education course order through PayPal.
- Orders are received in our office and processed between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday.
- Most orders are processed within 24 hours of purchase. If you have questions, contact us.
- After processing, you will receive an email with directions to join our course including an enrollment key. Follow the link provided in the email. You will be taken to a page to create a new user account. You will get an email to confirm your new account. Once clicking on the confirmation link, you will have will be able to scroll through the courses listed and locate the course you purchased. Enter your enrollment key and you will have full access to your course.
- You will have access to your course for one year from the date of purchase
- Do need to get to your online course? http://hadawayassociates.mrooms3.net/ Note:
you will not be able to login to your course until you have received
the email from us including the directions your enrollment key.
- You can work at your own pace, starting and stopping when it suits your schedule. NOTE: Our courses do not have sound except for courses that have video. You read the material at your own pace.
you have worked through all the course material, complete the
evaluation and take the post-test. You will have 3 attempts to pass the
test, however a passing score of 80% or better is required. Please
make sure you have the required time to complete the post-test
because you cannot start and stop this at will.
- Upon successful completion, you will be able to download your certificate of completion.
- Don't forget to access additional information in the Resource Section. These resources are linked within the course but you can have access to each resource without scrolling through the entire course.