Peripheral IV Therapy in Adults
Intravenous infusion therapy is one of the most invasive procedures performed by all clinicians. Patient safety requires knowledge of vascular anatomy, physiology of blood flow, rapidly changing technology, infection control methods, and potential complications. In addition to the knowledge, you must have the skills to assess patients, perform venipuncture, choose appropriate equipment, and intervene quickly for complications. Increasing patient acuity, demanding nursing workloads, and the expanding complexity of intravenous therapy increase the risk. Your knowledge and skill can offset this risk.
Peripheral IV Therapy in Adults online infusion education course will improve your knowledge and critical thinking skills. To complete the process, you will need to practice performing all the procedures in a lab setting, followed by a period of supervised clinical practice. The number of times a procedure must be repeated to demonstrate competency will be determined by your employer.
Lynn Hadaway, M.Ed., RN, BC, CRNI
After successful completion of this course you will receive 4.0 contact hours.
Module 1: Assess patient and medical history for pertinent information.
Module 2: Plan nursing care for patient receiving peripheral intravenous therapy.
Module 3: Implement nursing the care plan.
Module 4: Evaluate the effectiveness of the infusion care rendered.
- Place your online education course order through PayPal.
- Orders are received in our office and processed between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday.
- Most orders are processed within 24 hours of purchase. If you have questions, contact us.
- After processing, you will receive an email with directions to join our course including an enrollment key. Follow the link provided in the email. You will be taken to a page to create a new user account. You will get an email to confirm your new account. Once clicking on the confirmation link, you will have will be able to scroll through the courses listed and locate the course you purchased. Enter your enrollment key and you will have full access to your course.
- You will have access to your course for one year from the date of purchase
- Do need to get to your online course? http://hadawayassociates.mrooms3.net/
- You can work at your own pace, starting and stopping when it suits your schedule. NOTE: Our courses do not have sound except for courses that have video. You read the material at your own pace.
- After you have worked through all the course material, complete the evaluation and take the post-test. You will have 3 attempts to pass the test, however a passing score of 80% or better is required. Please make sure you have the required time to complete the post-test because you cannot start and stop this at will.
- Upon successful completion, you will be able to download your certificate of completion.
- Don't forget to access additional information in the Resource Section. These resources are linked within the course but you can have access to each resource without scrolling through the entire course.